Monday, September 6, 2010

Flea Market Trip


So, here we are! Saturday I went with my dad, my husband and things 1 and 2 to the local flea market. I did my best to take pictures, but alas I think it is still a work in progress. I did find some lovely items, which you will have to tune in to see... There was also, of course, some not so lovely items.


What is up with this sign?! Seems like something a not so clever serial killer would put up, sort of a Hansel and Gretel type of trap. Naturally, my dad and I had to see what was behind this sign. Not much. No cages which is good, but no treasures either. I did see these lovely art deco salt shakers;


I didn't buy them as I have no real use for them. They were too worn to actually use as shakers and too large for any of my current work. I wanted to share them with you as I found them charming and hip. Sometimes as I am browsing through the shops and booths I am simply struck by how decorative simple objects can be. If I had the luxury I would love to decorate my home with these lovely spool holders.

Aren't they exquisite?

All in all it was a wonderful day. After bargain hunting we all went to lunch and visited. I am truly blessed to have such wonderful family.
I do have two items I recently made that I have to share with you. I'm not one to toot my own horn, but TOOT, TOOT! I found these tiny pewter figures at a craft supply store. I had an immediate idea. Do you like them as much as I do?

Little bunny in the grass

Be a Deer

I also have camel and donkey rings in the works! As always, thanks for reading! All I ask is that you read. And maybe tell your friends to also!
Emotionally yours,
Margo

No comments:

Post a Comment